Please be aware that: Rainbow Federal Credit Union will never call, email or otherwise contact you to request your access ID, password, or other log-in credentials for the online services we offer. If you receive such a request, do not provide any information. Contact us at 800-281-5435 to report the incident. If you see suspicious activity on your account(s) or have received a suspicious call, email, letter or other similar contact regarding your relationship to Rainbow Federal Credit Union, call 800-281-5435 or (207)784-5435
- Do not share your User ID’s or Passwords with another person or provide them to others. Safeguard your User ID and Password information and never leave the information in an unsecured location.
- Create a unique User ID and Password for each site. Do not use the same identifying information on multiple websites.
- Create strong User ID’s and Passwords. In other words, use upper case letter(s), lower case letter(s), number(s), and special character(s) (!@#$%^&*)
- Many websites force password changes (i.e. every 60 days). If a website does not do so, take the initiative and change your password on a regular basis.
Home Banking Security
- Monitor account activity. View account activity online on a regular basis and review periodic account statements (monthly and/or quarterly) and reconcile them to your personal records. Signing-up for Rainbow FCU eAlerts will help you monitor your account activity.
- Log Off from a website; do not just close the page or “X” out.
- Secure websites have a web address that includes an “s” (https rather than http). If this is lacking, the site is not genuine. Do not log in or conduct business on the site.
- If a website displays a security monitor, verify it has the current date. If it does not, do not use the site; it may be a spoofed or hijacked.
- When completing financial transactions, verify encryption and other security methods are in place, protecting your account and personal information.
Mobile Banking Security
- Do not save your password for Mobile Banking Applications or Web Sites on your mobile device.
- Always download applications from your device’s official app store. Google Android, Apple iTunes, Windows Phone, and Blackberry App World
- Review the permissions required for downloadable applications, and do not accept permissions or download apps that ask for access not necessary for their function.
- If your device supports storage encryption, turn it on.
- Disable Bluetooth when not in use and, when in use, set it to “hidden mode”.
- Require Authentication on your device, and follow the Password Security Tips above.
- If your device is lost or stolen, contact your member service representative immediately at Rainbow Federal Credit Union (800-281-5465) to disable access from that device and secure your accounts.
- Use quality security monitoring software on your PC that includes anti-virus, anti-malware, anti-rootkit and firewall functions.
- Use your PC’s security features such as individual Log-In accounts.
- Keep operating system security up-to-date by applying patches and updates.
- Password-protect your computer network (physical or wireless).