As part of our ongoing focus on security, Rainbow FCU is upgrading our Home Banking service to not allow connections by older unsupported browser versions that are no longer patched for security vulnerabilities by the developer (such as Microsoft, Apple, Mozilla, and Google).
As with many security improvements, this upgrade will prohibit you from connecting to online banking based on unsupported versions of the web browser you are currently using.
The upgrade is effective May 15, 2017 and the following browser versions will no longer be supported after the upgrade is in place:
- Internet Explorer versions prior to 11
- – Includes all versions of Internet Explorer released for Windows XP and Windows Vista
- Chrome/Chromium versions prior to 48
- – Includes all versions of Chrome on Windows XP and Vista
- – Includes all versions of Chrome on Android devices running Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich) and earlier
- Firefox versions prior to 44
- – Includes most versions of Firefox on Windows XP and Vista
- Safari versions prior to 10
- – Includes all versions of Safari on iOS/MacOSX 9 and earlier
- Opera versions prior to 12.18
- – Includes many versions of Opera on Windows XP and Vista
If after May 15, 2017 you can’t connect to home banking, your version of the browser you are using is not current, and you will need to upgrade to the current version before you will be able to connect to online banking again.
Please contact Deposit Operations at 207-784-5435 with any questions.